Tuesday, October 30, 2007

LET it be Mine

I’ve always wanted to figure out what the purpose of my life is. Now I have an answer. Sort of. Well, I know for a fact that I want to teach. And learn. Teaching and studying, that’s what I’ve been wanting to do for the longest time now. But, I have yet to figure out where to teach, what to teach, who to teach. Gosh, sooo many choices. Hmm, I can teach in a pre-school. This will serve as a prep time for me. By the time I have 3-5 year olds, I’ll know what to do with them – storytelling, art works, paint their nails blue and the likes. Exciting! Feels like I’m a kid again. So this is option 1. Next, I can teach in a review center. Like, for those who want to take certain exams like TOEFL, IETLS, or NMAT, I can teach English or Math there. Exciting too! I get to meet tons of new people as my students and co-instructors. Wow, can’t wait! Hmmm, what else, I can also teach in say, U.P. Diliman. Mae Anne Salinas – Math Lecturer. I like that! Heck, I still have to pass LET (Licensure Exam for Teachers). I browsed some of the reviewers available in National Bookstore, and of course the first section I read is the Math part. Word problems, mostly. I miss those! Can’t wait to solve those again. So that’s the easy part. The hardest one is the Education part. I still have to recall all the lessons I learned from those 18 units I took in UPLB. Lesson Planning, Cognitive Learning, Classroom Management, and the likes. WOW! I am gonna be a teacher, for real.

I had a talk with Mama last weekend. She said, when we 3 were little she and Papa were wondering who among us will become a teacher someday. And yahoo, that’s me! We came from a long line of teachers, by the way. From my mother’s side, lolo was in fact the dean of Bicol University, where I had my elementary education and where my mother taught for 23 years. And in that school, most of mama’s siblings taught there, even until now. Hmmm, maybe I am meant to teach in that school too? Why not, maybe someday when I am old and already with a PHD degree. Can’t hardly wait.

So for now, my plan is to pass LET this August 2008, and the thought of reviewing again for an exam excites me. I love this. And then enroll in graduate school. This, too, is a must. I’m thinking of enrolling in UP Open University. Omg, mega star and I are like, schoolmates. Hehe. Hmmm what else. I also have to find a way to include PLAYING in my sched. Diliman is a good play ground. I love jogging there. And I love fishballs there too.

So there. My plans. My purpose. My passion.

No comments: